Circle of Security Professional Training
Please check back for future Circle of Security training opportunities.
Circle of Security® has established a new DVD parenting education program offering the core components of the evidence-based and internationally acclaimed COS® protocol. This 4-Day seminar trains professionals to use an eight-chapter DVD to educate parents and caregivers. The program presents video examples of secure and problematic parent/child interaction, healthy options in care giving, and animated graphics designed to clarify principles central to COS®. Circle of Security Parenting© implements decades of attachment research in an accessible step-by-step process for use in group settings, home visitation, or individual counseling. Watch a sample of the DVD
Who should attend? Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Home Visitors, Family Support Workers, Outreach Workers, Behavior Support Specialists, and anyone providing parenting education and/or counseling to parents of young children
Cost: Includes COS Parenting© DVD, COS Parenting Training© Manual, Parent Handouts, License to use the above materials to teach COS Parenting© to caregivers.
For more information and a current list of trainings go to: http://www.circleofsecurity.net/cos_seminars_4day.html Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 509-462-2024
Learning Objectives of the Training:
- Understand the theoretical foundation of the Circle of Security®
- Build a secure base/safe haven relationship with caregivers
- Shift caregiver focus from behavior management to enhancing the quality of relationship
- Understand specific steps to build self-reflection in caregivers
- Use video examples to support increased empathy in caregivers
- Identify new options to help caregivers manage emotions
- Learn step-by-step approaches for promoting secure attachment in children