Child & Family Clinical Services
The Children’s Developmental Health Institute provides specialized, team-based developmental care focused on diagnosis and treatment of developmental disabilities. Developmental/behavioral pediatrics provides evaluation and ongoing case management for children with communication and developmental delays, ADHD, behavior issues, autism, and other issues affecting the ability to relate effectively with their family and the environment. Our rehabilitation services include speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, pediatric audiology, clinical psychology, and counseling. The entire team works together with the family to identify and amplify their child’s special abilities – their “spark of brilliance.”
- Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Child & Family Psychological Services, Support and Treatment
- Pediatric Audiology
- Feeding Therapy
- Language & Literacy Services
Principles of Practice:
In pursuit of our mission, we subscribe to the following principles of practice:
- Ensure that our first and most important concern is what’s best for the patient and family. All other considerations are secondary.
- Ensure that we work with patients and their families as equal partners, seeing their active collaboration as central to their success.
- Ensure that all services provided are of the highest quality and are based on well-defined objectives, scientifically validated approaches, when available, and the collective wisdom of multiple disciplines.
- Ensure that all services include well-designed evaluation and measurement of outcomes wherever possible.
- Ensure that any point of entry to any family service is welcoming, natural, accessible and inclusive.
- Ensure that all services welcome the racial, ethnic, linguistic, and cultural diversity of the community we serve.
- Ensure that services are available to all who need them within the limits of our programmatic and financial constraints.